You may have heard that the pork tenderloin is a perfect cut for grilling. You may or may not believe in what others say. Well, we are not just telling you after listening to others and are sharing our own experience. It is elegant enough to serve at a dinner party and casual enough to enjoy it personally over the weekend nights. Grilling whole pork loin is an experience of your life!
Pig- A red meat
It can be treated tough like the red meat or can be made mild like chicken and fish. Think of an item and you can use pig meat in that. It is a healthy and economical way to serve your all time hunger. The pork tenderloin of a small sized pig is too small to be roasted and too large to cook it like a steak. A good sized pig is recommended for the grilling purpose.
Grilled Pig Loin
Many people cook pig at least once or twice a week. For something different, they usually go for grilling the pork. But it is hard to grill batches of pork because it will take a lot of time in doing so. The individual servings require proper attention each time which is a hard job. Pork loin is a good thing to grill and can feed a crowd in one-time grilling.
Constant Attention While Grilling
Grilling pork loin can be deceptive at times because it needs a constant eye watch when it reaches the cooking point. It should be flipped and moved many a time for a better result. Grilled pork loin can be eaten directly with a sauce or a slice of it can be eaten with brown rice. Grilled pork loin is best for individual tastes. A slice of it can be used in bread to make a sandwich or in burger buns with vegetables and sauces.
Simple Grilled Pork Loin Recipe
You can use salt and pepper, garlic, herbs, sugar and a few spices to keep the roast simple. The list can be made long depending on your taste buds and the efforts you want to put in. There are several recipes for grilling a whole pork loin.
Be Patient While Grilling
To ensure the proper cooking of the meat, the grilling process demands patience. The thick meat takes comparatively a bit more time than grilling or cooking other parts. Grilling on a medium heat guarantees that the pork loin will be cooked thoroughly from the inside and the outer crust will also not burn
For a juicy grilled pork loin, the pork requires at least 12 hours of marinating. This prolonged time will let all your seasoning in the pork loin and make your grilled pork full of flavors. Grilling outdoor or in the broiler will result in the tastiest pork loin.
How To Grill Whole Pork Loin?
If you have no past experience in grilling whole pork loin, then you might have a few confusions in your mind regarding the process. We will provide you with the best recipe and method for grilling the whole pork line with a few tips. Have some patience and scroll down slowly while reading the article.
We have broken down the procedure into 5 simple steps for better understanding. Many people avoid reading lengthy and thick paragraphs. So, these few steps will make your grilling process easier and interesting.
List down the Ingredients
Before starting, you have to gather all the right and required ingredients. These will make you pork loin more flavorful.
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Sweet Paprika
- Ground Cumin
- Granulated Sugar
- Chipotle Chile Powder
- Minced Garlic Cloves
- Whole Pork Loin
Step No. 1
Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and rub the mixture properly over the pork loin. Cover the loin and keep it marinated for 12 hours at least in the refrigerator.
Step No. 2
Preheat the grill until the temperature reached 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Push the coals with a stick to the side of the grill. Pushing the coals aside will give you an area for direct cooking and one side away from the coals.
Step No. 3
Oil the grill grates lightly and put the pork tenderloin over the coals directly. Cook the meat until it begins to change its color to brown and becomes non-sticky while moving. The browning process will not take more than 10 minutes.
Step No. 4
Flip and place the pork loin over the area which is not directly in contact with the coals. Let it cook for an hour with a cover on it. You can also use a meat thermometer for checking the temperature. Insert the thermometer in the meat and wait till it reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit. The temperature may drop down during the grilling process but will indicate the insufficient coal only.
Step No. 5
Remove the cover of the grill and remove the pork from the grilling grates. Allow it to settle down for about 15 minutes before cutting it.
The whole pork loin is ready to serve your guests. You can have it with any bread, bun or whatever stuff you like.
GRILLED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH SPICES
As we mentioned above that there are several recipes for grilling pork tenderloin. The below-mentioned is another popular and authentic recipe for grilled pork loin. You must have a look at it if you are one of the spice lovers.
Like every time you are going to cook a dish, you have to gather all the required ingredients. If you lack any of the required items, there are chances that you will not get the desired flavor. In this recipe, you are supposed to have the following ingredients.
- Pork tenderloin trimmed of silver
- Asian 5-spice powder
- Store mix curry powder
- Cumin powder
- Ginger powder
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
After having all the ingredients, you can start off with the grilling process. But wait; don’t set the coals on fire right now. It will take a lot of time to reach the grilling phase. Let’s see what you need to do.
- Trim the tapered end of the tenderloin.
- Add all the dry ingredients and tenderloin to a large plastic bag with a few oil drips and soy sauce.
- Seal the plastic bag and massage the spices and let them infuse in all the cuts of the tenderloin.
- Keep the plastic bag in the refrigerator for 12 to 15 hours and allow it to marinate properly.
- Take the pork meat out of the refrigerator and remove the plastic bag.
- Place the meat on the hot grill with a temperature below 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let the meat settle for some minutes, and then use the tong to flip and move it.
- Brush the meat with the cooking oil. The spices may seem to burn but it is perfectly fine and will add flavor to the meat.
- Use a thermometer to check if the pork is done. Keep on grilling it until the temperature touches 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes like you do every time whenever you cook pork.
- Cut it down it slices and pieces and serve it to your guests.
Another interesting way to keep your grilled pork tender and moist is to make the grilled pork roast. Your guests and family members will love you more after eating this pork tenderloin. You all will enjoy the smoky charcoal grill flavor in the pork as well.
Without wasting the time, note the ingredients down. Well, in today’s world, you may not need a pencil paper to note it down. You can simply copy and paste the ingredients or take a screenshot of the recipe and use it whenever you want. Just have a look what you will need before grilling the pork loin.
Boneless Pork Loin
- Olive Oil
- Onion Salt
- Garlic Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Ground Cumin
- Ground Coriander
- Olive Oil
- Cooking Oil to Brush
- Place the boneless pork on a cutting board and brush oil all over it.
- Let it rest for some time.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a small bowl which you are going to later rub on the pork loin.
- Rub all the ingredients properly on the pork and refrigerate it for 12 hours.
- Prepare the charcoal grill in order to provide direct and indirect heat to the meat.
- Initially, place the pork over mmedium-hotcoals for direct heat.
- Cook each side until it begins to brown. It will approximately take 10 minutes for each side.
- Now place the pork on the area with indirect heat.
- Cook for 60 to 90 minutes until the thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the pork from the heat source and let it rest for another 10 to 15 minutes.
This spicy grilled whole pork loin will be finished in no time and everyone will ask you for the recipe and the way you cooked it.
You should use a thermometer every time you are going to grill your pork. Using a thermometer will ensure you about the internal temperature of the pork.
Spices may burn while grilling but it will only enhance the flavor of the tenderloin. But be attentive and don’t let your whole pork burn thinking of adding the flavor.
You can brush the appropriate jams or jelly on the meat at the meat when you set it to rest. This will make the meat’s crust flavorful.
For an exceptional grilling flavor and easy method, you have to choose the right grill for grilling whole pork loin. You will find the best one for you on Amazon. You just have to choose the one and go to its customer reviews for assurance of the quality.
- Top 3 Coffee Thermoses for Hunting
- Top 7Dutch Ovens for Baking Breads
- Cool Way to Store Spinach in the Fridge
- Knife Sharpening Angles