Best Coffee Cup to Keep Coffee Hot
My top 5 picks:
|Eco Vessel||17 oz||Yes|
|Stainless Steel||13.5 oz||Yes|
|Zojirushi Stainless Steel Mug||20 oz||Yes|
|Ello Mesa||14 oz||Yes|
|Contigo AUTOSEAL||20 oz||No|
1. Eco Vessel Double Barrel Insulated Beer/Coffee Mug
Eco Vessel Double Barrel mug is the first in our list of best mugs to keep coffee hot. It is there because of:
- Two-layered 18/8 stainless steel design that makes it awesomely portable, plus the double insulation keeps your hot brew actually hot
- Wide mouth enables easier pouring and refilling and prevents the hot drink from spilling over
- Unique barrel style that makes it add to your swag
- Top with an open-close slider which is, in fact, a secure flip top that further reduces the risk of spills.
The insulated, versatile designed, distinctive and yet strong and classy barrel styled mug is all that you need at an affordable price.
2. Double Wall Coffee Mugs
The stainless steel mug is best known for thermal insulation. This mug is, therefore, one of the best mugs to keep coffee hot not only because of its material but also for having:
- Air-gap insulation from the double wall design makes it safer to hold
- Dishwasher-safe element
- BPA free and eco-friendly nature
These mugs will be your pals for ages since their durability is guaranteed. They keep your drinks at the temperature (hotter or colder) of your choice for the longer time. They are easy to hold and easy to clean on the plus side. So don’t think and just order the set of these two different colored mugs- one for you and one your partner!
3. Zojirushi SM-SA-BA Stainless Steel Mug
This boy has 3 different sizes: 12-ounce, 16-ounce, and 20-ounce. You can choose the size according to your coffee intake. Zojirushi SM-SA-BA is another stainless steel mug, which from its material marks its quality. Besides, it has:
- 1-1/2” opening
- Sleek design that has huge wide capacity from inside while on the whole takes minimal space
- New pictograph lock
- Heat retention warranty for 5 years (what more do you need at this price?)
- Easy-to-clean nonstick interior
- Stopper disassembles for detailed cleaning
- BPA-plastic free nature
The price is comparatively higher than other stainless steel coffee mugs, however, with 5 years of warranty, it’s not a fortune to pay.
4. Ello Mesa 14-Ounce Double Wall
Let’s have a ceramic mug in the list of the best mug to keep your coffee hot. This coffee mug has all that you need- it’s a complete package for it has:
- High-quality ceramic that retains the temperature of your beverage for a longer period of time
- Spill-resistant slide lid that allows you drinking directly with the lid on
- Lead and Cadmium free
The mug is all the more perfect for you to sip your hot coffee at home or at the office or in the car. With low spill risk and heat retention surety, the price you pay for it is nothing but a laughable joke. However, you would not still find as good as a stainless steel or glass mug.
5. Contigo AUTOSEAL West Loop Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug with East-Clean Lid
Contigo mug comes in 4 different sizes, with capacities ranging from 16- ounces to 24- ounces. It is highly safe to use when you are in the car or walking on the street. There is no fear of leakage too, so yes you might put it in your back bag too without any reservations. Of course, you can’t be dumb enough to throw it without the locking mechanism engaged.
Besides the variety in size, it has a rainbow of colors, just kidding! But, no, it does come in 10 plus different colors. Wow… that’s almost the double of a rainbow!
Although the body is supposed to be washed by hand and not in a dishwasher, the lid could still be treated as dishwasher-safe. Besides, the heat retention is of such intensity that you’ve got to be cautious while sipping your coffee for it’s literally of the same temperature you poured in.
Besides these two ignorable and manageable cons, this affordable baby has many features that make it one of the best mugs to keep your coffee hot, you wanna know? Well, it has:
- Lid-locks of new quality and design that doesn’t let the AUTOSEAL button to play naughty while you are on the go with this
- Patented AUTOSEAL button that on its own (call it magically) seals between sips to avert spills and leaks
- Dishwasher lid
- 100% BPA free
- New lid pivots open for easy cleaning
- Double-wall vacuum-insulated stainless steel body to keep the temperature retained for up to 12 hours.
All of this combined at such an affordable place makes it a must buy! So go grab one!
6. Contigo SnapSeal Byron Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Travel Mug
Yes, Contigo is very fond of coming with products with different sizes, volume, and colors. Pretty many gains advantage from this point alone. From 16-ounce to 24-ounce volume capacity, you could choose the mug that suits your convenience. Besides, the mug has:
- Thermalock Vacuum Insulation for the long haul- keeps your drink hot for up to 7 hours while cold for an even longer period of time
- Lend a Hand- gives you the comfortable easy one-handed drinking experience
- Perfect fit size for the cup holder in your car
- Leak-proof lid or what you call Seal It In, this is to ensure no leakage for on-the-go activities
- Clean up, dishwasher safe
With all these pros, how can you dare leave this mug?
7. Thermos Stainless Steel King 40 Ounce Beverage Bottle
This mug is a real deal, take our words for it. With two different sizes, it could serve both those who drink coffee in a small amount and also those who kind of survive on coffee. Therefore, the 20- ounce size will give you enough supply. Then there is 40- ounce capacity too… Holy Shit!
What else it gives you, let’s have a look:
- Durable stainless-steel interior and exterior keep bottle stable to be touched. It is cool to be touched when hot liquid is poured into it and it stays sweat proof
- Surety to keep your liquid’s temperature retained for as long as 24 hours
- Lid could be doubled as an insulated serving cup, hence, now without moving the stopper by a millimeter, twist and pour
- Thermos patented vacuum of the mug minimizes the heat loss to the greatest extent possible
Although, a bit expensive, but still all the more worth adding to your bucket cart.
8. Hydro Flask Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle
This thermos although being mentioned at the last comes actually to the top!
With a price range equal to Giraffe’s height, Hydro Flask Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel is as amazing as you! We love being cheesy sometimes, hahaha!
With that being said, here we’d like to bring its features under the spotlight:
- Made up of BPA-free plastic
- The body has stainless steel food-grade stainless steel to add to its strength and beauty
- With the powder coat, it doesn’t play slip-free, allowing you to take it to anywhere
- The double-walled vacuum insulation TempSheild technology, your drinks maintains its hotness for up to 6 hours while its composure by which we mean the coldness of your drink could be retained for up to 25 hours
- 19” of mouth is wide enough to fit the wide mouth flex cap, Hydro Flip, and Hydro Flask Straw
The features are unbelievable, but the truth is there mind-boggling coffee is at a click away of yours!
What is the possibility of seeing them?
You’ll see them almost everywhere. If not on every corner shop, then for sure on all the grocery stores. From low to high quality, these mugs are lying around almost everywhere. But then not every mug is not one of the best mugs to keep coffee hot.
Therefore, you’ve got to study them first- only if you paid attention to your Chemistry class on insulation, you would have been an exception. lol
What’s the Fuss About the Material?
Insulated mugs could be and are expensive. However, both glass and ceramics do the decent and satisfactory job of insulation. A mug that has a narrow glass will pretty well keep your coffee hot, and so would the ceramic material body mug. These mugs could be preheated also.
All you have to do is to pour boiling water or simply the hottest tap water into the mug and let it preheat. Should we entice you with something amazing?
You could do the same by pouring ice into the mug in case you want to have a cold application of these mugs.
Coming back to the material, the most popular of which are plastic, pottery, stainless steel, glass and not to forget ceramic. With the exception of plastic, the other four kinds of material are impervious to the volatile oils in your coffee, so they could be washed clean.
However, if they stain, use baking soda to wash them. As a responsible citizen, try to minimize your use of plastic- it only adds to environmental depletion.
The Mystery of Insulation…
What is Insulation?
It is the process to reduce the rate of transfer of heat, and the insulation we keep referring to in the context of best mugs to keep coffee hot is the thermal insulation.
Without an insulated mug, it’s not long before your steaming hot coffee turns cold. And likewise, the cold coffee becomes nothing but plain coffee liquid.
So in order for you to have the coffee of yours at the temperature, you want to drink it, hot or cold, you’ll be needing an insulated mug.
Heat transfer is the transfer of thermal energy between objects of differing temperature- it is transferred from an object with higher temperature to the object with lower temperature until both the thermally contacting bodies have the same temperature. Thermal insulation reduces this inevitable heat transfer.
The materials mentioned above for the thermal mugs are good insulators as they have low thermal conductivity. The more you increase the thickness of the insulator, the more will be the resistance to heat transfer.
It is for this reason, thickly walled glass mugs are better suitable for mugs to keep coffee hot as compared to the thin glasses mugs. Therefore, the insulation thickness is of great importance while deciding the mug you want for your coffee.
What Makes a Mug a Mug and not a Glass…? HANDLE!
True! Without a handle, a cup won’t be a cup and a mug won’t be a mug! It would be a glass!
Which is not good enough for you to enjoy your coffee. For without a handle, who’ll touch the hot body of the vessel having the coffee?
Therefore, choose a cup that has a comfortable handle. Which allows you to hold the mug with ease and comfort. This is where we are sure that a paper cup is not admired at all for.
If you could find yourself, a double-walled cup, it’d be great for you’ll save yourself from the hazard of burning yourself in case you accidentally touched the body and not the handle. Plus, the two walls adds to the insulation power of the mug.
Check out its Durability!
How good would it be to have a cup which ensures the temperature retention of your coffee but smashes into pieces with a small fall? Too bad, indeed!
So, another point to be added to your checklist is to ensure that your mug durable. This could be ensured by the material of the mug. For instance, a stainless steel mug is less likely to be shattered and is more durable than the glasses mug which is only a matter of few seconds if it falls down.
Durability is also important to be ensured for the reason it doesn’t crack with the hot liquid inside while you are holding it. If it cracks, the coffee inside which as supposedly be steaming hot will could fall over you and may cause severe burns.
Size Matters Too!
Besides the handle, the durability, the size of the mug matters too.
The best mugs to keep coffee hot should must at least be big enough to contain 25- ounces at the least and 30- ounces at the most. For this is the amount of coffee a normal human being consumes to stay caffeinated.
However, if you desire for most, keep 2 mugs with you instead of one giant mug. Appropriate size not only determines your convenience of holding and commuting with the mug, but it also adds to the elegance of the magic cup your hand holds.
Therefore, it is important to make sure to choose the cup of the size best enough for both to carry the exact amount of coffee needed and at the same time looks sleek and classy.
One more important aspect to consider about the size is to make sure that the cup fits your cup holder. It would be a nightmare to have a coffee that doesn’t fit your car’s cup holder. So know your cup holder’s base size first before you step into the mall to find one that suits you.
The Less of A Mess It Is, The Better It Is!
Yes, it’s too crucial for you to buy a coffee which isn’t a lot of a hassle to clean. It should be an easy cleaning. For you must not be in a mood to spoil your freshly refreshed mood from your hot coffee because of the trouble you face while cleaning your mug.
Just as much as the preparation of the coffee is important, so much so the cleanliness of the mug is important too. Therefore, make sure your hand lands on the mug which in addition to the fulfillment of all the above-mentioned features is also dishwasher-safe.
In a Nutshell
Having all of the above amazing coffee mugs being scrutinized, it won’t be wrong to say all of them are for sure best mug to keep your coffee hot. However, which one is actually best for you, we leave that to you.
Scroll to the top of the page and read it again, you’ll find your coffee pal today.
Image Credits via Flickr Creative Commons: Digs
- 15 Best Storage Containers for Cereals
- 5 Best Dish Soaps For Dry Hands
- Best Stainless Steel Cookware Without Aluminum
- Best Drawer Liners For the Kitchen